Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

25 great things in my life....

So I miss, this I miss blogging.  Things are not going well in the weight department or for that matter the depression department. Don't get me wrong I am fine, I am fighting, but I don't feel the joy that I use to feel right now. I am working on it. Still going to LDS addictions program, back in group with lifestyles, trying to weigh in weekly in at the clinic, and it is STILL HARD. I wanted to update you on this journey just so you know it isn't all buttons and bows. This is hard, but I am not going to give up.

 My idea for celebrating Christmas this year just for me is to blog about  25 things great things in my life and then tomorrow I will tell you 24 great things about my life and so on...

25 - My Home my father in law, father, husband, brother in laws, brother, friends and even more family helped build it. It is small and squishy and I love it.

24 - Toilets all kinds.

23 - My toes seriously, have you ever thought about how it would suck not to have toes. Read this blog the other day and it made me grateful for my toes.

22 - Computer I  love my computer it is an Apple iMac I was always a Microsoft girl but I love my Mac.

21 - Living on a gravel road.

20 - Not living a long way from the highway. While living on a gravel road is wonderfully romantic it is nice to have a highway only a mile away from your house it is easier to run and bike on.

19 -  Having a bed.

18 - Having a down comforter on my bed.

17 - My fireplace.

16 - Reading I love reading.

15 - Staplers I don't think they get enough credit.

 14 - Sun

13 - Journals

12 - Dishwashers

11 - Paper all kinds.


10 - Canada I really can't say enough how much I love my country, and how much I love being Canadian.

9 -  Grass without thistles especially barefoot on grass mmmmmm few pleasures equal.

8 - Being from a small town.

7 - Classical music

6 - Canadian Geese announcing  the arrival of spring and the downfall of autumn.

5 - Anne of Green Gables (enough said)

4 - Shelves

3 - Teddy bears

2 - The hope and dream of adventure

1 - You yes you who ever you are I love you. I don't think you would be reading this without somewhat knowing and caring who I am. So thank you! See you tomorrow! Merry Christmas!

xoxo
Barb

6 comments:

  1. I love this list. You got me in tears at #1 because you are right. I do care about you and wonder how you are. Someday we will meet. This weight thing is hard! Life is hard! You know that you can overcome the hard things. I am praying for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friend for making me smile today!! Love you tons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all really great, but #9 is my favorite. I bet I have walked barefoot on grass just a few times since moving here and it is a total aaahhhhh moment/feeling for me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your really something else Barb! :) You seem to make lemonade out of everything.
    I do agree with lee lee on the grass thing but I think I have to go with #10. Even though I'm not Canadian I sure love loving in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you and I love this list! Can't wait to read the posts of the next 24 days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to be thankful. It was great reading it all. Long live Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete