Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 great things in my life...

I don't know how I messed up with the days but since it is 12-12-12 I am restarting the countdown on 12. Today's theme is 12 Christmas activities I do with my family almost every year.

12 - Put up the tree on November 12.

11 - Put up outdoor Christmas lights this year has been a set back becasue the hail storm in August destroyed many of them but we put what we could and will start collecting them again. I pride myself on being able to see the lights from the highway!!

10 - Make sugar cookies to be eaten with candy cane hot chocolate and delivered to neighbours.


9 - Christmas Eve upwrap PJ's.

8 -  Go Caroling

7 - Drive around and look at Christmas lights.

6 - Watch Christmas Movies

5 - Shop for anonymous gifts (Either for a family or from an angel tree or toys for tots)

4 - We wrap up Christmas Stories and then the kids get to choose one to unwrap and we read one every night. (Totally haven't done yet for this year oh well)


3 - Act out the Nativity

2 - Go sledding (we have our own version if there isn't any snow we pull sleds behind motorbikes on the ice.)

1 - Try to instill and remember that Christ is the Reason for the Season.

What is your favourite Christmas Tradition?
xoxo
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment