Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Friday, December 7, 2012

19 great things in my life...

Suppose you were to read an entire book each week for the next seventy years. You would read 3,640 books. That sounds like a lot but in the Library of Congress are more than 27,000,000 books. Futurist Alvin Toffler said "that books are spewing from the world's presses at the rate of one thousand titles per day." That means that in seventy years there will be an additional 25,000,000 volumes. Even if we read continually, we could not read more than the smallest fraction of the books in print. Therefore, we should not waste time reading anything that is not uplifting and instructive.
-Elder Joe J. Christensen

Jesse found this quote a few years ago and it freaked me out! I love reading but it really made me realize that I need to be more careful in the things I am reading. So this list is kind of important to me because of the 3,640 books I will read in my life these are ones that are worth reading more than twice.

Books I read over and over and over....


19 - Book of Mormon

18 - New Testament




17 - The Chronicles of Narnia

16 - Jane Austen yep all of it absolute die hard


15 - A Christmas Carol


14 - Pathways to Perfection first church book I remember reading besides scriptures.

13 - The Belgariad Series


12 - The Malleron Series


11 - The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox


10 - The Peacegiver


9 - Be thou an Example


8 - Frankenstein

7 - The Portrait of Dorian Grey

6 - Jane Ere ok haven't really gotten all the way through but I love it anyway.


5 - The Screw Tape letters


4 - Jesus the Christ


3 - Little Women


2 - The Little Princess




1 - The Secret Garden
 What is your favourite book that you read over and over?
xoxo
Barb

2 comments:

  1. The Book of Mormon of course,and I've read most of what you have. Your choices are very much like mine,except I have to say Frankenstein????
    Are you having fun with this? I am!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of my favourite books/authors
    - Count of Monte Cristo
    - Three Musketeers
    - Les Miserable
    - Jack London
    - Tolkien
    - CS Lewis
    - SE Hinton
    - Robert Munsch
    - Calvin and Hobbes

    ReplyDelete