Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

9 great things in my life....

Favourite Christmas Carol

9 - Oh Holy Night bucket list item to sing this in front of someone someday

8 - Carol of the Bells (oh can't you hear it la la la dum dum didy dum) it makes me want to dance.

7 - Silent Night simple and beautiful should be sung at night by yourself looking up at the stars.

6 - Oh Little Town of Bethlehem  when I hear this song I can close my eyes and be there.

5 - Angels We have Heard on High (sorry but I love ohohohohohhohohohoh)

4 - I heard the bells on Christmas Day really is there more powerful words than these?
“God is not dead, nor doth He sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men.” 
3 - Stars were Gleaming Favourite primary tune ever it is so simply, yet beautiful I always remember my mom singing it.

2 - O Come, O Come, Emmanuel, it is almost erie but I love the monk like chatting of it.

1 - What Child is this? or sometimes called Greenleaves this is my Grandma Pilling's favourite Christmas song too. I miss my Grandma it has been over ten years that I have held her wrinkly hands and seen her twinkly smile. There are so so so many conversations I would love to have with her and will someday.
xoxo
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Love all those songs too!
    Only you know my bucket list DOES NOT
    contain anything that includes "Sing in front of someone." Fun to read your lists, what's next???

    ReplyDelete