Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Monday, October 29, 2012

Great Advice

So my nephew Alec wanted to take a notebook to his chess tournament, so that he could write down things that he learned! This is what he came back with.  

My thoughts on this is at what age did we forget these things? Or maybe is was an incident in life that made us stop doing this? Somewhere in my head I can see my Heavenly Father with both of his loving hands on my shoulders saying"Have fun and take your time!" Then giving me a little shove and adding "Go get them, you can do it!"

xoxo
Barb

3 comments: