Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Parades of Praise


We went to Whitefish it was kind of last minute. Our very good friends as seen in the picture, got a sweet deal and they were sweet enough to invite us along. While there we swam in a fancy indoor pool, and in whitefish lake, we sat in a outdoor hot tub surrounded by serene beauty, and swarmed the tennis courts while it was raining. We also got most of our school supply shopping done at considerable lower prices.

Monday morning I went for a 3 mile run up Whitefish mountain, it was hard going and I did have to walk quite a bit. I kept hearing a lot of popping engines and I was thinking wow somebody's car is having a hard time. When I looked up I saw a line of old fashioned cars, like Model T fords, and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang cars. I started waving at them as they passed and they started waving and honking
"AAAWoo ga" the whole time I was running it was so cute I felt like I was in a parade.

Also one of the cars stopped to see if I was in trouble, you might laugh, but this has happened to me more than once. Question "Do I really look that bad when running?" That people stop and ask if I need help. Since this seems like a negative way to look at things I always look at it in the sense that there are just a lot of good people in the world. It happens enough that I have a ready supply of answers. "No I don't need any help except maybe up here (while pointing to my head)" "Oh I am almost there anyway" "What ride instead of looking at this pavement you have got to be joking."

I have a wall of quotes that I will show you sometime one of the them says. "Physical fitness is my hobby." So I felt a close connection with these people of old car hobbies here we both were on a wonderful Monday mountain morning during the summer enjoying our hobbies.

We got back in time to help put on my husband's family's business community breakfast. It always makes me very proud to be a part of the family I am in that they do such neat things for our little community. They have been doing it for years now, and have also added the Legacy Half Marathon usually running the end of May. I really love that they do this kind of stuff not everyone in community does stuff like this. Some people might get nasty and say it is for publicity but come on for the amount of effort that goes into planning these two events is not worth any publicity that might come from it. I know that it comes from the heart.

While at the breakfast I got a tremendous amount of sincere compliments about my weight loss. I am getting better at receiving them but it is still hard for me. I am so use to blowing them off or making light of the effort I am putting out in order to obtain my goals. I still don't really know how to respond to them I do say thank you, and usually refer to the Lifestyles program at the clinic mostly because I don't ever want people to think I am doing this by any other way then better food choices and exercise. I have also got a lot of compliments at my ward on Sunday. This too made me feel like I was in a parade "I saw you out running", "You look great", "Your missing half of yourself", "Where did you go?", Once again very difficult for me to accept, but I am working on it. I am trying to ride the wave on motivation that it gives me.

I had a few great food moments on vacation, one was being full of the ice cream I was eating and being able to just throw it away, and the other was being able to have a taste of fudge, without eating the whole thing. I loved these moments I am changing, at my Lifestyles retreat I went to in May I got this quote I can't remember who it was from but here it goes.
How to change
change THINKING which will
change FEELINGS which will
change ACTIONS which will
change LIFE.

This is one of the best suggestions I can give to any one who is trying to over haul some life long habits.

I can honestly say I have changed my thinking, feelings, and actions. And it has changed my life.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fun time in Whitefish. Keep up the good work. Keep training for that marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl, keep it up, there are surprises on the road that one can't even imagine now, they will be fun!!
    Thanks for who and what you are!!
    You're Great!!!

    ReplyDelete