Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ride

On Tuesday I was invited to go with a group of women whom I not only love but admire, to go horse back riding in the Community pasture. I really don't know if I can properly explain my relationship with horses. I really love them but it is almost a spiritual, respect love. You see my dad's family grew up with horses and so did I so when I ride a horse it feels like I am really being me. I was on a horse early this year and it was a good feeling. I have avoided horses for years because I was physically not able to get on, and well the other reason is a mystery to me because I really love them but just didn't do it. Perhaps scared, scared of being me, of realizing that I couldn't do something I used to do? But as I start living again in the moment living the life I am meant to live I find it very interesting that for the first time in years horses have come back into my life. It is as if the little me is calling out from years past reminding me of how to live life.

The ride was astonishing, beautiful scenery mixed with a great horse, and warm company. After dropping off most of the riders at 2pm. Dixie, Marilee, and I continued our ride for a little while more. I was just comfortable, peaceful, joyful, and breathing. It was just such a throw back to how good my life can be. The horse I rode was named Downy she was a palomino, it is Dixie's horse and talk about being spoiled all I had to do was show up Dixie brought the horse and saddled her and hauled her. I really was extremely grateful, to her for all the work she did, and to my Heavenly Father for providing such a back drop. Weigh in tomorrow slightly nervous as always.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Downey and Barb are looking Great!!
    It was a fun day!! I'm so glad you had such a great day!! Take the spoiling while you can, it doesn't always come around!! Happy to contribute to such a fun day!! Thanks for all you do, it's fun!! Oh would that be another Double D? Downey and Dixie??? Good Luck for tomorrow!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb! It was a great day wasn't it? And to think we can do it agin next month? Crazy and lucky. Cute "hoof" picture!

    ReplyDelete