Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

+2

I don't know how to address the issue of gaining two pounds. Honestly I can say I earned it, too many treats, and more important, not enough journaling of food, this will do it too ya every time. It is sad but not depressing because I know how to get back to work. But the cute thing is that Heavenly Father sent a few angels into my life today to lift me up and tell me to keep going. One was a friend from High school who I haven't seen almost since High school. And then I also had the nerve to go to Public swim where I met up with Denise whom could make my double D's into triple D's. I haven't seen her for a while and she was very generous with her praise of my appearance. Denise is one of the true friends who doesn't mince words in the truest of friends way possible so I know that she wasn't just trying to make me feel good. Also ran into a couple of other people there whom I haven't seen for a while they were very supportive and welcoming. So all in all an ok day.

Here are some other things that helped me out today, first a quote from Proverbs"

"Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you traveled from where you started."


So according to that even though added +2 I am still successful in my other 72 pounds of weight loss.

The only thing that really makes me want to kick and scream is the fact that I wanted to hit 80 pounds lost by September 1 which isn't looking to great right now. It does make me feel liking yelling at myself well you must not have wanted the 80 pounds more than the extra cup cake or marshmallow, however Linda calls times like this research. And I have to agree I have been extremely worried about four people in my life lately and on my run this morning I remembered they are not in my backpack . So I pretended in my mind to have a huge white plastic cafeteria style platter and put every concern on it. And then laid it at God's feet he loves those people more than me so I will continue to pray for them I will leave it in God's hands. And pray that if he needs me I will be ready to help. This seem to explain to me why the need for extra eating I was eating away the worries so the other people didn't have too. Which was kind of dumb because they don't even know that I am that worried about them. I also remembered that I can do hard stuff, and have learned more from doing it than any other thing, would I really want to take those opportunities away from these people I love?? I also read a quote in the Ensign article this morning.

"Sometimes we pass through pain and sorrow that we might grow and be prepared for potential trials in the future. I ask a question to you mothers: “Would you ever do something that would cause pain and bring tears to your children when they have done nothing wrong?” Of course you would! When mothers take young children to the doctor to receive immunizations, almost every child leaves the doctor’s office in tears. Why do you do that? Because you know that a small amount of pain now will protect them from possible pain and suffering in the future. Our Father in Heaven knows the end from the beginning. We need to follow the example of the Savior and trust in Him."-James B. Martino, “All Things Work Together for Good,” Ensign, May 2010, 101–3

Talk about hitting the nail on the head, wow the Lord must love me a lot he seems to spend an awful lot of time helping me understand things better.

Tonight I had to go to a bridal shower for one of my close friends, I wore my new jeans, and a fancy shirt. Two things helped me get through the even without eating. For one the cuteness of my outfit, it helped me remember this is all worth it. And the other being that Linda has said "There are no healthy food choices after 7pm." I sat back and watch my friend's daughter blush as she opened presents and was extremely grateful that I only had to do that once 16 years ago.

So tomorrow after sleeping in because lets face it summer is disappearing fast, I am starting a new food journaling page and I am going to write at the top "I can't control what the scale says but I can control my eating and exercise."

4 comments:

  1. It's true, we need to focus on what we have accomplished and not the temporary set backs! You've done way more "losing" than "gaining" and that is what needs to be celebrated!! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...great perspective! I am the same as you about worrying. It messes up so many things and it isn't like I am actually taking away their worries. I am just carrying them myself. Good for you for turning over a new page in your food journal and I LOVE Linda's saying. I am going to have to adopt it...and I am proud of myself because I just went upstairs at Mom's house and knew there were wagon wheels on the counter and I turned myself around and went downstairs again. Not much...but baby steps count too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barb! I am so glad I snooped your profile from your comment on Janice's blog!!!!
    I find your thoughts refreshing and motivating. If you can get back on , than so can I. I start today....after some sleep of course.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog!! I know from experience some of the things you are going through. Keep up the great work!!!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete