Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Game plan

Ok so lost three pounds this week so great. I go to see the Dr. about my foot tomorrow morning. If he says that I am not going to wreck my foot forever if I run on it, then this will be my game plan, lay off of it till the race and then take IBF before the race and maybe tape it and go for it. My foot right now feels fine which is good news it doesn't hurt at all, but that also makes it kind of hard because it makes me want to go for a run.

Here are some great insights I figured out, while being so sad that I can't run right now.

First grumpy statement:"AHH I can't believe this is happening I have put my whole summer into this."
Reply "What would you have rather done this summer, at least you got to see the sun rise on every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday of this summer what else would you have gotten up to do?"

2nd grumpy statement: "Great now losing the weight is going to be harder."
Reply "Ahhh no it isn't because you had already lost about 50 pounds before you started training for the 1/2 marathon. And actually you will probably lose more because you can concentrate on the food your eating a little better when you are not so tired."

3rd grumpy statement "What if I can't run anymore?"
Reply Then I will find something else to do. I run, but the run doesn't run me. (ohh that is a fancy statement!)

It is back to school time almost, and that makes me sad. I love having my kids around, not enough to do homeschooling, but I really miss just being able to pick up and go when it is hot outside, or when I want to do something. It also makes my schedule crazy. My kids get on the bus about 7:20 am. Which means they need to be out of bed and moving by 6:25am. Which means if I want to have anything done in the morning before everyone wakes up I have got to be up by 5:30am. Which makes me want to go to bed and sleep in again. So I am going to. I'll write tomorrow about the Dr. wish me luck, or better yet pray for me.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you have things figured out!! Oh you knew you would get there, the truth is, there is more to all of us than we know and perhaps a "sore foot" is the ticket to teach us that?
    I love all the answers you came up with for your grumpy statements. Great insight! And of course, Good luck with the Dr, it will work out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb! I found your blog through Janice's, and you are amazing! I was reading through your running journals and wow, you're a superhero!!! I'm so sorry to hear about your foot, I hope that your Dr visit goes well tomorrow. (I'll say a little prayer for you!) But seriously, it sounds like you've accomplished sooooooo much, congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the Dr tomorrow! You (and your foot) are in my prayers=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outlook on this and it is no surprise you have this all figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you can still run the race. On your comments about loving summer and having kids home but not enough to homeschool... ditto.

    ReplyDelete