Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

10

Here are 10 highlights from my 10 mile run this morning
1. My cutest, sweetest, smartest, nicest, brother ran the first two miles with me.

2. I ran up Cahoon hill without stopping even once.

3. A friend named Greg passing me on a bike twice yelling "Your doing great Barb keep going."

4. My Aunt and neighbour seeing us start out at 5:30 am and then passing me again on her way home from town pulling over to tell me how amazing I am.

5. Same sweetheart person taking my jacket so I didn't have to carry it or tie it to my waist.

6. Running a route that I have driven my whole life.

7. Seeing the sun rise and how it hits the earth in different places and times.

8. Running up all of the hills didn't walk at all.

9. Seeing one of my favourite people and also my father in law who pulled over and said "Your here already" even though I had been running for 2 hours at that point. He also said "Your doing great" and I said "Thank you" instead of denying how great I am doing or making light out of it. I just really accepted it.

10. Making it to my In-laws house complete with welcoming committee while I was stretching on the grass.

The rest of the day went very well. Thanks to an incredible supportive husband. I got to go to the temple, get my visiting teaching done, and visited some people who I needed to visit.

I am feeling like it is time to talk a little about the basic's of why I am losing weight like the physical aspect. This is what I do everyday. Right now because of the weight I am at I get to eat:
5 carbs, 3 fruit, 3 milk, 3 protein, 3 fats, and as many vegetables as I choose to.
Each carb is 100 cal.
Each fruit is 60 cal.
Each milk is 90 cal.
Each protein 150 cal.
Each fat is 70 cal.

There is so much more information I kind of feel overwhelmed trying to tell you so I am just starting here.

Some people feel like oh if I knew I could only eat that I would feel trapped or denied.
I kind of look at it the same way I would look at smoking or drinking alcohol. By choosing to do those things you are choosing to give away your free agency because once you are drunk you have no self control or once you are addict to smoking you lose your choice to smoke or not to smoke. Some of you might feel this is a little extreme but for me it is not.

I still have the choice of what to eat but by me choosing to stay in these guide lines I have more freedom with my body LITERALLY.

Any way I write down everything that passes through my lips. Which because I am a little lazy makes me a food snob (I stole this phrase from one of my heros that I will talk to you about later her name is Patricia.) Sometimes I don't eat it because I don't want to write it down. I really can't explain how important this is. I have had a great summer but it has busy there where some weeks when I wasn't journaling my food funny those are the weeks I was maintaining and not losing. Started with the journalling and started losing weight again so as Linda says"I have a testimony of food log" Yes yes I do.

Also I don't eat three hours before I go sleep most of the time this is hard for me but I am still doing it most of the time I have not yet perfected this socially yet.

1/3 plate rule make sure one third of your plate is vegetables and for me that means eating those first and if I do go back for seconds it is only for the vegetables.

I have to tell when I started Lifestyles at the clinic it was purely on faith. Follow this and do a min. of 20 min exercise for 5 days a week and you will lose weight. It was pretty crazy but I did it and it worked. Now before I start sounding like an info-mercial. There are a lot of other aspect to permanent weight loss which we will get too. But this is plenty for today. I am a good tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment