Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Monday, July 19, 2010

8

EIGHT

I have had a week full of great eight things.

Sara turned eight which always a special birthday because she got baptized. We did it at Janisko's teepee the night was incredible no wind not too hot. Seeing such a sacred ceremony performed in such a natural beautiful setting brought the spirit there with great intensity. My whole family was there with most of Jesse's family which meant a lot.

Eight is also the number times I cried yesterday thinking about my parents leaving on a mission some happy, some sad, and some worry. Happy to think that they are doing what the prophet has asked them to do and what our Father in Heaven wants them to do. Happy to see them set such an example for my children. Sad to think I can't call them everyday to complain, ask opinion's and advice. Sad that it is the last time my whole family will be together for the next 18 mths. Worry that I am not as grown up as I would like to think. Worry about the growing I and they will be doing over the next 18 mths. Don't get me wrong I love growing but it is almost always a painful process.

Eight is also the number of miles I ran/slogged(which means a very slow jog) on Saturday morning. It was a very cool morning not any real direct sun a heavy fog. My sister Rita ran with me which made it just plain fun. Eight miles is longer than I have ever ran before it kept a smile on my face for the last two days. It still makes me feel strong but there was not any weight loss this week which is disappointing, but as one of my sisters said "no gain either I would count that as a victory." Which is actually true because I haven't eaten in my home almost all week. Need to get back on track this week and start writing the food I eat down. Which will be this weeks goal to get back to journaling the food.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Sara's baptism was beautiful. I wish we could have been there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we couldn't be there ofr the baptism=( EIGHT MILES is amazing! I am so proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete