Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

BEING FIVE

Being Five by Dennis Lee

I’m not exactly big,

And I’m not exactly little

But being Five is best of all

Because it’s in the middle.

A person likes to ride his bike

Around the block a lot

And being Five is big enough

And being Four is not.

And then he likes to settle down

And suck his thumb a bit,

And being Five is small enough,

But when you’re Six you quit.

I’ve thought about it in my mind -

Being Five, I mean -

And why I like it best of all

Is cause it’s In Between.

I remember my little brother say this poem for festival and always like it. Now that I am 35, I like it even more, 5 is my favourite number, I still remember going to Kindergarten, and Mrs. Payne as my teacher, I remember feeling old and like I was on my way, and feeling confident, and warm and fuzzy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Barb, welcome to the blogging world. Not that I have one, but Shauna does pretty good with hers.

    ReplyDelete