Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

I DID IT!!!

Wow I have lost 70 lbs in about 11 mths. That is just crazy to think about. I honestly don't really know what to write I am really happy, excited, proud, all at the same time.

So not only did I hit the goal today but I took it up a notch on my exercise. I have a few things in my head that I would like to accomplish one is a Marathon hence the training for the 1/2 marathon, the other is a triathlon, so there is nothing like today to start working on your dreams. So I biked one mile down the highway and then ran 4 and then biked home. Now just so you don't get the wrong idea a lot of my "biking" was walking beside the bike uphill literally both ways. But I thought it was kind of ironic that I am now to the point where I can run 4 miles without walking at all and yet now I have to walk with my bike instead of riding it. I am always very attracted to things that are a process instead of instant. So much so that I really don't even like instant pudding. I do believe the "INSTANT" is the devil's playground.

"For he will give unto the faithful line upon line, precept upon precept; and I will try you and prove you herewith."
D&C 98:12

I do believe this applies in all aspects of life. Live a full a vivacious life but LIVE IT don't just participate in it. I have to be honest I didn't know how much I was missing a year ago I didn't know that one could be so happy without chocolate. But I am I really really am I wish you could see the sparkle in my eye as I say that. It is a cross between tears, and peace, and perhaps a little bit of my spirit peeking through.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Barb! You are inspiring to me...and I am jumping on your bandwagon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete