Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Bertha Falls

Went hiking to Bertha Falls with people I feel very safe around, it was thoroughly wonderful. I love being in the outdoors, I love Waterton, I loved not feeling exhausted during the hike even though I ran 4 miles that morning. Accomplishing that hike made me feel strong, made me feel like I was putting another support beam in the new house I am building. So far I have lost 66 pounds and yes I am putting it out there. Sometimes I try and lift even 50 pounds from my food storage in the basement and I am amazed at how much that really is. This has been a lot of hard work physically as in changing the way we eat and in so doing the way our life runs, but what surprises me is the amount of mental work that is involved. Being aware of what goes in my mouth, when it goes in, why it is going in, and yes even the how it is going in, is it going in slowly like pouring melted chocolate onto a cookie, or is it being shoved in like your trying to fill a hole that someone else is digging out?

People are starting to notice that I have lost weight and so you always get the "So what are you doing??" I have to say I am not to the point that I like this question yet, but I do feel in raptures when I can tell them that I am training for a 1/2 marathon (September 4,), and I am working with "Linda" at Lifestyles in the Cardston Clinic.

1 comment:

  1. Where are you running your 1/2 marathon? We should go running together sometime - I need to do some long runs - I need to be training for the Melissa in Banff - end of September. I see your 1/2 is sooner than that - but if you are ever looking for a running partner - call me.

    ReplyDelete