Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

IDEA

I don't know if I have mention this before but I really love running. There are a lot of reasons why, but one that surprises me is what you think about when you run.
Right now I am training for my first 1/2 Marathon which means I want to finish so I am not paying attention to how fast I am running I just put one foot in front of the other until it is time to stop. This morning that meant 4 miles worth. It was a bit of an odd run I started at 5:30am it had rained heavily the night before and for the first time in a while it was dark outside because the clouds hadn't broke yet. It was oh so beautiful as I ran the sun started to burn off the clouds and poke through, I also noticed the hay cut in curvy straight rows.
I ran my favourite two mile loop. It is my favourite because I know everyone that lives along it, I also remember as a child riding the bus watching a dear old couple hold hands and walk it in the morning. I am amazed at myself I still remember when I ran my first full mile I was delighted. Now I am running four so easily that my mind wonders and I have time to take in the scenery.
So with a wandering mind and pumping legs and arms. I started thinking about how I have been doing with my eating yesterday it was gummy worms, they are not my favourite but I was really hungry after swimming from 12-4. Sunday it was puffed wheat and ritz crackers desert thing, when we were camping it was fresh white bread and butter from a bakery and all of sudden I pictured two thick slices of white bread stuck to my behind so I ran a little faster to get them off. Then there were golden oreos stuck to the underneath of my arms, and puffed wheat stuck to my stomach and I ran a little faster. So I have decided to picture what ever naughty thing I am going to eat stuck somewhere to my body and if I feel ok about it being there I will eat it if not PUT IT DOWN and walk away.

I did however journal all eaten gummy worms which put me over on Carbs yesterday, which makes me what to punch and kick and scream, but today is today, and I am reminded that I really want to hit 70 lbs loss this week, and as one of my friends always says
"I WORKED TO HARD FOR A ___________________ TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO"
You are suppose to fill in the blank with what ever naughty thing you want to eat for example I worked to hard for a gummy worm to tell me what to do. So take that gummy worms I will not falter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment