Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Monday, December 2, 2013

24

SNOW DAY! 

There is something absolutetly magical about a snow day, especially one before Christmas. Today we sat by the fire as a family, read Christmas books, drank hot chocolate, brave the storm to check on animals and build a snow cave, worked on homework, watched Christmas movies, played 7 or 8 hands of cards, and even sang some Christmas carols.

I really do have a love hate relationship with winter. I love being cozy in my house with my family with no where to go.....because you couldn't even if you wanted to and yet my skin crawls with being locked up in my house not being able to get out. I guess it is just how you look at it. As for me today I am definately looking at the glass being 1/2 full.






xoxoxo and Merry Christmas
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you really enjoyed your family and day at home!
    Good for you! I wanted hot chocolate and a movie, I guess I should have stopped! :) Enjoying the blogs! Another snow day, I wonder if Cabin Fever is on it's way??? :)

    ReplyDelete