Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

22


No, buses running today so another snow day! I am so grateful for having children, I don't really know if I have ever written that down.

My gratefullness comes from a different way than most women I know. Some of my friends had a hard time getting pregnant, some have adopted their children, some had a hard time getting or being married, some aren't married, some have lost a child, and some have almost lost a child. 

My experience has come because of Heavenly Father's commandment to mutilple and replish. Jesse and I waited 7 years to have children. Not because of medical problems, I just simple didn't want kids. I didn't feel like I was going to be any good at being a mother. I felt like my talents and abilities were in other places. 

But over 14 years ago, I had a decision to make was the gospel true or not? If it is true and I believe that it is true then shouldn't I be obeying all of God's  commandments? And according to Genesis 1:28 "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth." It is a commandment from God to have children. So I decided to really give my life over to the Lord and see what He could make of me. I remember sharing my testimiony in Reilef Soctiey saying that I was going to do so. In the 14 years that have followed I have had many up's and downs, but God is good and He has made me into a mother who is grateful for her children. Thank you Heavenly Father for your contiunaly presence in my life.  

And if anyone is reading this that has the same feelings as I once did, I can testify to you that God will bless you in unexpected ways if you follow His commandments. 

Follow this link to watch a great video!



xoxoxo
Merry Christmas
Barb

1 comment:

  1. Cute family picture. I am glad you are gratetful for your kids and for snow days!

    ReplyDelete