Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

23

Do you know what I really love about blogging is that when I am blogging I seem to be more aware of things.

For example I was driving in very bad wheather and on very bad roads the other day and was almost late for a movie I was taking the kids too. Two cars in head of me stopped which made me stop in the middle of the intersection. I didn't say anything outloud but in my head I was thinking, "What are you doing? This is so unsafe you cannot stop in the middle of the road, do I wait or go around? Why are they stopped?"

As I contiuned to watch, I saw the window roll down, and a bag of food go out to a homeless person standing in on the meridian followed by a huge cup of hot chocolate.

Just like that tears overwhelmed my eyes. Just like that Christmas was here. Chances are that I will never be able to tell the driver of that silver SUV last Thursday thank you.  But I can at least say thank you here.

"Thank you for restoring my hope in mankind, thank you for bringing the Christmas spirit back into my life. Thank you for reminding me of what I should be focusing on. 
THANK YOU"





xoxoo
Merry Christmas 
Barb


1 comment: