Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Monday, December 9, 2013

20


On the 29 of this month I will have been married 20 years. I don't feel old enough to have been married 20 years!! But man I am so glad to have done it. Jesse and I find it quite humorous when we are watching a movie or TV show and they say something like "We have been married 8 years!" I actually am really proud of it. I feel like it really is an accomplishment, like running a marathon. If I had to write one thing down on how we have been successful in our marriage, which I believe that we have, it would be that giving up or walking out just wasn't an option. That doesn't mean we didn't have the choice it is just that we both kept choosing to be married. You usually always have a choice to be married or not, and making that choice frequently helps keep me committed to my incredibly handsome husband. 

xoxo
Merry Christmas
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment