Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Friday, May 27, 2011

It's Snowing

Really, I woke up to snow today, May 27, 2011.
In 24 hours the gun will go off.
Now might be a good time to remember why I am doing this. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Training for and running a marathon (and 1/2 marathon) is not a single event; rather, it is an experience. It is a discovery of self that will forever change your perceptions, perspectives, priorities, and possibilities. You will meet yourself at what you thought were the boundaries of your potential and endurance and watch in awe as they evaporate to reveal only open expanse. To know that the only boundries in life are those which we create ourselves is a discovery which can not be taught - IT MUST BE EXPERIENCED. For once you have seen the view from the mountain top, living a life of voluntary blindess is no longer an option.
(The Non-runner's Marathon Trainer pg132-133)


Oh yeah that is why.
I am going to write it here and think it all day tomorrow. I am prepared for this event, and I will complete it. I will break through any boundaries put in my way to accomplish this goal.

I CAN, I WILL, I AM.


I CAN, I WILL, I AM.

xoxo
Barb
Please pray for no snow and no wind!






5 comments:

  1. I am praying! 155, Half, Whole

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck barb! you'll do awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO Snow, No Wind, 155,Half,Whole!! You can do it and I love your quote in this blog!! You'll have a great day and it will be fun to hear your stories after this race!! Cheering you on!! Listen carefully and you'll hear me!! Go Barb Go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you to do this Barb! I remember when I ran my first (and only) marathon it was pouring rain the whole time. And guess what, it didn't matter one bit. I loved the experience and no amount crap weather could take that away from me. Best of luck. You will do great--rain or shine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did it go? I can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete