Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Monday, May 30, 2011

13.1 (2nd)

I am finding this post hard to get started on. So let's just start.

THE RACE

It was everything I hoped it would be, fun, challenging, fun, wet, fun, windy, and really fun. Some people wouldn't think that you could have fun running 13.1 miles. But those people don't have my life.
2.53 hours

alone, just you, the road, Heavenly Father, some wind, some rain, some music, a brother that comes and goes, a sister that goes too fast, some friends who help you along. Really there is nothing else I would rather be doing. Not only that but improving on your time by

22 minutes.

Now for the pictures.....

Jesse and I pre-race, it was the first time I had seen him that morning since he was gone by 5am to help set up for the race.


My sister Pam, my brother David, and me pre-race.


My brother-in-law Terry, my sister-in-law Kate, and me pre-race.


Don't see me at the starting line, that's right because I always line up at the back. The guy standing in front is my darling Father-in-law, and I could blog about him all day long because he is the one of the greatest, honest, and kindest men I know.



Yep, there you see me in the far right grey back, and orange sleeves. Yes the very last one. But I will have you know that I did not come in last.


My brother Dave and I, yeah we pretty much had that much fun the whole way.


Totally sprinted to the end, I am sure it looked like slow motion to everybody else but it felt really fast.


AHH, the plush towel, will ya look at that smile you can't pay money to get that smile.


Getting a hug and a smooch from my adorable hubby/race official. I promise to write more about it soon.
xoxox
Barb

9 comments:

  1. You look so good! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Barb!! So sorry I wasn't at the finish line like I'd hoped!! I was cheering none the less!! Looking Great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome, Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations Barb! Having tons of fun and coming in second. What a day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilou I didn't come in second, I just meant that it was my 2nd 1/2 marathon. But you are so great to think that maybe I could ever place 2nd in anything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woot Woot! You look SO good! That orange color looks great on you and be honest, having cute running outfits makes running more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on finishing another goal!
    hihgftehyyrudhytssyyyyyaeuy54y54y87yruriersijsiohkoccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you have some help with this post or where you really just that excited.

    ReplyDelete