Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

CELEBRATE

What a great week! There has been so many great moments this week, it has been more than I could have anticipated.

I have decided to give you 5 thoughts on losing a 100 pounds. Yes, I was going to do a 100 but it was stressing me out a little bit, sometimes I have to remind myself that this is my blog, my journey and it doesn't have to be for anyone else, in fact it is only for me.

1) The first thought was in answer to a question I was asked in group. The Question being "So how did you do it? How did you lose a 100 pounds?" My reply
  • Accountability, and Authenticity
  • Realizing and then Admitting I am an addict
  • Hard work and Focus
  • Reliance on my Heavenly Father
  • Loving myself enough
What we then noticed was not one of these things was an actual physical thing ie only eating so many calories, or exercising so many times a week..
.. it was very interesting.

2) Second thought is my absolute joy in receiving some compliments this week from so many darling and supportive people.
  • The first one was from a kind of cowboy rough older gentleman in my ward, he sidled up to me on Sunday after church and said, "So I have been thinking about it for a while and well, How does one going about complimenting you?" I said "Just like that thank you!" And we hugged. Seriously so cute! It is still making me smile.
  • The next was from two men with whom I grew up with were talking "like brothers " people they haven't seen me in while and they were so great. "You look beautiful, no really like model beautiful, you just look so different, your so pretty." I guess it meant so much to me because these guys love me no matter what, in real honest no mater what.
  • The next one is from a person I admire beyond belief and although she did write me a card she also did this for me on the Main Street of our Home town.
You have got to love the moving showing, it is truly serendipitous!
"True Grit" Yeah baby that is what it takes! I found it unusual to being loving the compliments flying this week. I usually find it difficult to receive compliments but for some reason it was great this week maybe because I feel like I earned it? Or that I was finally of worthy of a compliment? How ridiculous, hopefully practice makes perfect I am going to try harder to accept compliments.

3) This actually happenned a while ago but I haven't had a chance to write about it yet. I can once again wear my wedding ring! I have been married for 17 years. And of all those years I have worn my wedding ring for about 3 or 4. So this is kind of neat thing to be able to do again.
I also can now wear my Husband's band which I prefer because I am just not that flashy of a person.

4) I don't remember where I got this quote but I love it anyway.
You do not have to earn your worth you brought it with you. Nothing you do or do not do will affect your worth. It does not depend on your family of origin your appearance your performance your position or your husbands position or anything else.
Yes losing 100 pounds is a great accomplishment but it does not increase my worth in any way. I have always felt of worth, I believe this comes from a lot of different factors, wonderful parents, faith, and testimony in being a daughter of God.

5) Five, my favourite number, and another favourite quote.
"Let no feeling of discouragement prey upon you, and in the end you are sure to succeed." - Abraham Lincoln
I love how he puts this don't let the feeling prey upon you, he doesn't say that you are not going to have bad feelings he only says don't let it get to you. Imagine if I had binged durning my plateau, what would it have done. NOTHING. Only put me behind more. And believe me Abraham Lincoln had a lot more discouragement to deal with than me.


Ok, so other great things this week have been
  • Jesse and I going out to lunch together.
  • Going cross country skiing with the girls.
  • Special phone call from my parents.
  • SEEING 185 on the scale.
So all and all a great week, hopefully maintain the 100 pounds which we will see on Tuesday but seriously either way totally worth it. But this is only a stop on the trail to the top. I have to admit the view from here makes me completely astonished, and I can only imagine what the view from the top is going to look like. I see you 155 and I am coming for you.

8 comments:

  1. I love it, Barb! I actually broke into a giggle when I drove past that sign in town! What a sweet thing to do! I was and am still so proud of you. Thank you so much for your amazing example! Reading your blog helps me push on through to another day! Love you Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you. You have no idea what a great example you are to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoot whoot......."Celebrate Good Times"!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are famous and you deserve it all, whether you are 100 years old or 35!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on such a huge accomplishment. I remember reaching that goal and it felt amazing!!! I love your attitude. I know some wonderful people who now live in Cardston and wondered if you knew them. The Rosenvalls, he is or was Temple President. Sis Rosevall passed away not too long ago. Lisa and Jason Comin also are friends from Calgary. There are more but was just curious. Congrats again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky I know all those people, small town gotta love it! I love the Rosenvalls they are good friends with my parents. Comin's are in my in-laws ward.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go BARB!! Love the post and the accomplishment!! It's fun watching you do such great things!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alonna told me about your blog today as I was grilling her about Lifestyles. All I can say is WOW - wow about the weight loss; wow about your blog; wow about how every time I come in contact with you, I am amazed and uplifted and better for it. Thank you. And I really hope everything is okay with your daughter - my thoughts and prayers join the many others.

    ReplyDelete