Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Management

My favourite quote this week is
"Life is about Management not Cure"

I feel like I am in management mode. I was exhausted, and paralyzed today. It started at 5:30am I did 45 mins. on the elliptical. I helped out a friend and took her children to town this morning at around 7:10am which made my children miss the bus, so then I had to take them to school. When I got home and fed the other children, and we watched the Polar Express together. Then I worked on a fireside which I have to give on Sunday. Talked on the phone to a couple of friends. Read Scriptures, and Ensign. Read Scriptures with the kids. Fed the kids lunch, did dishes, read a book, took a small nap with Maggie. Read more, welcomed home the kids off the bus, went to town weighed in, picked up pizza's for Young Women's, came home cooked pizza, went to YW's and walked back into the house at 9:20pm.

Come on Barb that was not a day wasted, but why does it feel like it?? Linda was a big help today at weigh in. She was happy and made me feel confident. I am just not feeling that strong lately, I don't feel weak either, but I just feel peaceful. Like I am ok. But I am not on fire. It is a different feeling for me, I feel comfortable. I found it interesting, the other night I felt like having a snack,it was the same old scenario, kids in bed, Jesse and I watching TV, and all of sudden I wanted something ie ice cream, apple pie, chocolate anything. I find it frustrating that I will always have that desire to eat in that situation and others like it. I didn't eat, because I don't do that anymore, but It was just a reminder that "Life is about Management not Cure." I am glad that I am feeling this way now because when I reach my weight loss goal I know it will be no different than it is now. I will always have those desires to eat when I don't need to. It does make me feel like I will be able to be successful in the long term which for me is the real success. Reaching all these weight loss goals is wonderful and great but to be able to keep off the weight for 5, 10, 25, 50 years that is the success I really want.

3 comments:

  1. Being comfortable can be a bad place, and a good place. I know what you mean about that desire to snack when you do not need it...I too fight with that. I also understand that feeling of not getting anything done eventhough you were running around all day. IT is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did little Annie tell you I called you back? Just knowing you called even though I missed it was so great Barb. You have every reason to believe you accomplished a ton. Your days make mine look pretty. darn. bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great Barb!! Keep up the good work.
    I have to say I feel like I'm missing out!! Hope your fireside goes well on Sunday!!
    Keep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete