Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Monday, April 25, 2011

This is stolen from another blog but I love it, and it is just what we all need on the Easter week off! Good luck, this week, I am nervous, and anxious about getting through it unscathed. My favourite thing said in this letter is "FALLING ISN'T FAILING." We only fail when we give up and don't try anymore, something is better than nothing, head up , shoulders straight, one foot in front of the other.


Dear friend,

I just wanted you to know that I see how much you’ve been struggling lately. I know things have been difficult, but I wanted to remind you of a few things…

One, you’re awesome.

Two, this path you’re on, it’s rough-and-tumble stuff. One day you feel like you’re on top of the mountain, the next you’re rolling back down in a out-of-control somersault. And we both know that the climb back isn’t so much treacherous as it is tiresome. Some days we just get so darn weary with it all…

That said, look at how far you’ve come. You may think it’s nothing to celebrate, what you’ve achieved thus far, but I say every step… every
freakin’ step… is worthy of being celebrated.

Three, falling isn’t failing. You’ll have bad days here and there; we all have setbacks that shake our confidence and exhaust our resolve, but
I’m convinced that you’reconvinced that you know what to do now, and more importantly, what’s at stake. Going back to the way things were simply isn’t an option.

Four, it’s all worth it in the end. I know you question whether that’s true or not, but I promise you that it is. It may seem so far away right now, but every step forward brings you closer to where you want to be.

This is a long journey we’re on; don’t be afraid to lean on your friends from time to time.

And lastly, have I told you lately that you’re awesome?

Take care of yourself.

xoxo
Barb

2 comments:

  1. Hi Barb, I found your blog from Shauna's, and love love it. You are such an inspiration, and I'm glad to have you for my friend. Take care, and thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a thinker Barb!! Nice post, I appreciate the words of encouragement for this battle called "life"!

    ReplyDelete