Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Standing after Arrows

"The arrow seen before cometh less rudely"
-Divine Comedy - by Dante Alighieri

I have heard this quote a couple of times, this past year, but for some reason it hit me today. (No pun intended)

The fact of the matter is I get cocky. I have dodged arrows and tried to prepared myself against most arrows that are going to be thrown my way. But then arrow, which I have seen before, in fact EVERY MONTH, (sorry men) comes. I really think that, if I see the arrow coming than I can avoid the arrow. But that is really not what this quote says. It doesn't say if you seen it coming you can avoid it, it says if you see it coming it might not be so hard. You are still going to get hit with the arrow. It will still pierce you. It will still hurt. You will still have to treat the wound. But maybe just maybe, I can have the alcohol swabs and dressing ready to roll, so the wound won't feaster and take over my life for two weeks. Ok so now that I understand it maybe next month won't be so hard.

Meanwhile, I have stopped doing P90X, because I have started training for the Legacy 1/2 Marathon on May 28, 2011. I am using this training schedule, which is only three days a week, so that means the other three, I am still doing ABs, and Kettlebells. Jesse passed his HKC a couple of weeks ago in Seattle, and so we have been setting up workshops, and he has his first client already. I have to say I miss the intensity of the P90X.

I have been struggle lately with Food, just eating too many treats, so I cleared out the house again. It is funny how they just keep sneaking in seriously it is worse than having mice. But it is always very powerful feeling to throw them in the garbage.

I have been thinking a lot this week of my Mom and Dad again, I miss them. So glad they are serving our Heavenly Father but still missing them. I was remembering one time when I was riding my horse Dandy, and all of sudden he started bucking on me. I was terrified, and held on for life. Once he was done I started climbing off, and I have never seen my father move so quickly in his life, he came running across the pasture yelling at me to "GET BACK ON!" I was crying very hard, and when he reached me he dusted off my jeans and put me back in the saddle and had me ride around a little longer, then get off. I have to say that has been one of the most important experiences in my life. Every time I have physically,or emotionally fallen down I can always picture my Dad running toward me yelling

"Get up and Get back on"

I think there is a poem I read about it once. But I did find this song which is worth the read, I am dedicating it to my dear friend who always posts great songs on her blog. You know who you are!

Stand By Rascal Flatts
Written by Dan Ortan and Blair Daly

You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless
Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright, you'll be alright

[Chorus:]
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break
Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong
Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand

Life's like a novel
With the end ripped out
The edge of a canyon
With only one way down
Take what you're given before its gone
Start holding on, keep holding on

[Repeat Chorus]

Everytime you get up
And get back in the race
One more small piece of you
Starts to fall into place
Oh

[Repeat Chorus]

Ok, you been pierced, so get up, and Stand!

xoxoxox
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Barb. I need this since I figured it was too late to call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being prepared is really really important. Preparation really does make some things easier to handle . Hmmm... reminds me of a scripture Barb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have good insight Barb! I know all about the "Get back on!" principle! I've used it more than once!! Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kids have all had the get back on experience. I wish you could sing the song for us:)

    ReplyDelete