Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pounds, Cold Grounds, and Profounds

Hey I just noticed that this is my 51 post, wow how time flies. So I had a great week last week lost 4 pounds.

But even better, I think I figured out where I get my "fire" from. I get it from intense exercise. As some of you may recall I started P90x last week along with still leading Kettlebell classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. But what I notice is that my eating is always way better when I am exercising a tonne, those things seem to go hand in hand for me. So it was a great week for me some "research" along with weight loss. YAHHooo!

My eating is still not perfect ie had 4 fries one night, had one cinnamon bun..... It makes me nervous sometimes because maybe the only reason I am losing weight is because I am literally working my tail off. What happens if I get hurt and can't exercise?

But you know what, I was hurt after my 1/2 marathon in September, and I figured it out. I just have to have faith that between me and Heavenly Father we can work it out.

I also had a profound thought come to me this week. Which makes me think of the scripture, in D&C 88: 18-19.
"And all saints who remember to keep and do these sayings, walking in obedience to the commandments, ashall receivebhealth in their navel and marrow to their bones;

And shall afind bwisdom and great ctreasures of dknowledge, even hidden treasures;"

Kind of funny how that works, exercising, eating right, study scriptures, writing in a journal followed by.....profound thoughts.

The thought that came to actually was in reference to another scripture, also found in D&C 18:15.

"And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"

What if, that one soul is actually me. What if, just me being converted unto Christ and his mission and life on earth, with my whole soul will bring me joy. How great will be my joy. This resonated with me. I find so much more joy now in my life now, because Heavenly Father has helped me stop the numbing. Or in other words stop over eating, because when I pick or overeat foods mindlessly it numbs me, and as Brene Brown puts it you can't just numb the bad parts YOU NUMB ALL OF IT.

One of my many good friends gave me a book that I was suppose to read a while ago, and on the insistence of another good friend I started it today. The book is called "A Course in Weight Loss" by Marianne Williamson. It is another Oprah inspired book, and I have only just begun but so far I'm hooked. It has also inspired me to add to the very bottom of my Blog a new box thing which I am going to call UNIVERSAL TRUTHS. Because the more I am in this journey, the more I realize that there are truths out there that anyone can receive from Heavenly Father, if they are searching for them. Now whether or not they acknowledge that they came from Heavenly Father is a whole other story. But here are some truths that I have found in this book so far.

"Information is important, but not usually sufficient, to motivate lasting changes in diet and lifestyle. If it were, we'd all be thin and healthy, as most people know which foods are heathy and unhealthy to eat."

"These behaviours aren't maladaptive, they're very adaptive-because they help us get through the day. They numb our emotional pain. Getting through the day becomes more important than living a long life when you're lonely, depressed, and isolated."

"The purpose of this course is to root out your fear, and replace it with inestimable love. It might seem odd to consider that fear is the source of your weight problem, and yet it is.......This course is not about your relationship with food;it is about your relationship with love."

"Intellectually understanding your body, your mind body connection, the physiology of exercise, or the realities of food metabolism mean little if you are addicted.....The fact that you yourself have anything figured out makes little or no difference to any of this. NO matter how smart you are, or how much 'work you've done on yourself,' you alone cannot outsmart the psychic force of compulsion and addiction....For this problem entrenched and pernicious as it is, you need spiritual forces to help you. For this, you need God."

"Our purpose is not to analyze your darkness but to turn on a light that, having been trapped within you, is now ready to blaze forth."

I have seen that come to fruition, my light has become brighter. I always had a light, but I feel like it was dulled or trapped underneath my, well here it is the "F" word, fat.

Ok that's it that is how far I have got, but so far so good.

Meanwhile, Jesse and I have got our Kettlebell website up and running. We should be adding videos, and more stuff soon. If you want to check it out

corekettlebelltraining.com

We took some fun pictures for the blog last week, and they turned out alright.

Isn't he the most ridiculously handsome man you have ever seen! I love my tough guy!

Yes bare feet just for you it was -7 and snowing!

The rest of these are just cool, it is amazing what you can do with a cool editing program.


7 comments:

  1. Cool photography. And loving the kettlebell classes. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally poached one of your kettlebell photos for my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of the red one in the snow. Oh and you barefoot in the road. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are cool! Crazy to be barefoot on the highway, I happen to know how cold it was that day! The things we do for a geat shot! :)
    Really enjoying the kettle bell class, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P90X and Kettle bells? Whew! That's impressive. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete