Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Moments and Millstones

I had a few weight loss moments lately that I would like to share with you.
The first being, that I weigh the same as my husband with his slippers on. Here is the proof.










That feels so good, it has always been something that has kinda of bugged me. Call me old fashion but I want to be smaller than my husband.

Today in the grocery store the clerk asked me "If I was a fitness guru?" After looking at her a little funny, she said "Just cause your wearing that cool jacket you just look like someone who is in to fitness stuff." While restraining myself from jumping over the counter to kiss her, I just look up at her and said "Yes, yes I am." She said "Do work at a gym or just do it by yourself?" This brought on an almost euphoric feeling. "No, I just do it mostly by myself" which she replied "Well good for you." Seriously moment of the Day.

The Jacket she was referring to is as follows and has quite a history. I bought last April(2010) at the Boston Marathon, in of course Boston. I went with two of my sister-in-laws, because one of them was actually running "The Boston Marathon". I almost didn't the jacket because it didn't really fit. But I am so glad I did. I really love this jacket, as the next few pictures will tell, but, I have to say it is looking a little loose.


Katie, Me, and Jenny in Boston April 2010.


April 2010 dream come true.

October 2010

Polson 5k October 2010

Cross country Skiing February 2011


Phoenix February 2011

March 15, 2011


Millstone

A mill consisted of two heavy flat circular stones, one resting on the other. The lower remained fixed. The upper one was rotated, by means of a handle, around a peg fastened into the lower stone, and passed through a funnel-shaped hole in the upper one. Grain was poured into this funnel and ground between the two stones, and flour came out at the circumference. Small mills were worked by hand; larger ones were turned by an ass. (Matt. 18:6; Mark 9:42).

I have decided that I am a millstone, sometimes I am the lower fixed stone, and sometimes I am the upper one that is being rotated. But either way I am still being used to produce something useful.

These pictures are stolen from my friend Dixie's blog without her permission. Sorry Dixie. But thanks.


Yesterday I choose for myself to be the lower fixed stone. I just stopped. I slept in, I cancelled Kettlebell classes and forgot to phone two people who showed up. Stayed in PJ's took the phone off the hook, finished a book, did some laundry and dishes, made some bread, and phoned my sister. It was glorious, and yet my mind, wouldn't let it be. It was running rampant with oh my you missed your workouts...... blah blah blah. It finally ended with crying and me saying out loud. I AM ENOUGH. That seemed to abate the pressure. Today was better I felt more energetic, more on top of my game. The more I listen to want I need and it turns out ok the easy it gets to listen.
My goal this week is to not eat while on the phone, so if you hear munching while I am on the phone with you tell me to STOP, or hang up on me. What's your goal this week?

5 comments:

  1. I remember so well the day I weighed less than my husband it was AMAZING! I never thought the day would come and it was a miracle to me. Congratulations!!! I love that I am so much smaller than him now!
    You keep me motivated to keep going. Today has been a hard day for munching and all I seem to want to eat is chocolate chips, peanut butter and graham crackers. I'll try again to do better tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in that jacket and I love your hair in that last picture.
    You are rocking' with the weight loss too!
    And....I think it's perfectly fine to have a day like you did. You must have needed it right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, you look great! Love the hair too! Such neat pictures, even better accomplishment, you go girl!! That jacket has a few stories to tell n'est-ce pas? When it's really too big, put it in a shadow box and display it in a prominant place to always remind you how Great you ARE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The jacket does look great. I was with you in 4 of those pictures (the Phoenix one I wasn't right there, but still there). Congrats! And don't eat on the phone:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny. Not sure I even recognize the jacket and evidently you have worn it a lot around me. Weird how that happens. LOVE your toes on the KettleBells! My sister eats on the phone. Next time I'm gonna hang up on her.

    ReplyDelete