Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Influence


I have lived a life this week. I find myself taking more joy in day to day living than ever before. The waking up, the exercising of my body, the reading of scriptures the interaction of my children, spouse, family, friends, and acquaintances. As I look back on this week I can see the different things that I have done, that have helped other people. Nothing major, simple, really simple, ie.... phone call, smile, listening. It reminded me of one of my favourite quotes.

“Every man and every person who lives in this world wields an influence, whether for good or for evil. It is not what he says alone; it is not alone what he does. It is what he is. Every man, every person radiates what he or she really is. . . . It is what we are and what we radiate that affects the people around us.

“As individuals, we must think nobler thoughts. We must not encourage vile thoughts or low aspirations. We shall radiate them if we do. If we think noble thoughts; if we encourage and cherish noble aspirations, there will be that radiation when we meet people, especially when we associate with them.’ (Man May Know for Himself, p. 108.)

I believe this with my whole heart. Just the fact that we are here on earth, means we are wielding an influence. There is no getting around that, your here so you are an influence, but where the choice comes in is whether that influence is good or evil. This also relieves some pressure I have felt this week about my weight loss. Yes, I am helping or inspiring others around me to get healthier, but if I wasn't influencing them in that way I would be influencing them in some other way wouldn't I. So relax, Barb do your thing, and let the ripples of influence roll. It also made me think of a quote I see several times a day.


This is my fridge. I love all of these quotes but the one I am referring too is

"We will live out our thoughts for everyone to see."

Can you understand how powerful that quote is? If we consider ourselves lazy, obese, or unworthy of obtaining a healthy body that is what we will ultimately be. It won't matter how hard we try or how many calories we consume or exercise off. We will live out our thoughts for everyone to see. So it comes down too how do we change our thoughts? And the next quote.

This is my kitchen/basement door, and I love it. The thought I want to tell is the one that has LIFE, written on it.

"How to change; Change your THINKING, which will change your FEELINGS, which will change your, ACTIONS which will change your LIFE."

This is something again, that I have implemented and can say works 100% in my life.
Now all of this takes some serious commitment and work, but I promise that it is worth it. Of course you can't change thinking and then lose weight you still have to change your feelings and actions. But so many of us try and do this backwards, first we change actions but without the other changes the actions will not become permanent. But best and easiest way to change your thinking is through prayer. I know Heavenly Father created me and my body but he also created my spirit and since He created it, He can also help me recreate it in a way that is more pleasing to Him and me. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and have peace, He can and WILL help us in this endeavour, no matter who you are, what you have or haven't done, He will help. Now just giving you a heads up that it most likely won't happen in the way you think it will. It will happen in the Lord's way and in his timing, but don't give up, keep moving forward, keep the faith and all things will be for thy betterment. Which brings me to my last quote, from the door this week. Can you see it without me telling you?


Yes that's it
STAY WITH IT


P.S. Still working on the not eating while on the phone, seriously, can it really be that hard??? Now that I think about it isn't it like super rude to eat while your on the phone??? Enough already.
xoxo
Barb

8 comments:

  1. I love all of your quotes. This week has been a hard week for wanting sugar and wow have I given in. For today I have decided I'm sugar free and so far doing good. Everyday really is a battle of decisions and it really is a little overwhelming to think of doing it for the rest of our lives but I just think of what 200 pounds ago looked and felt like and I keep going. Thanks for your sweet comments. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "There is no chance, no destiny, no fate that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul." (Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

    That is one of the influences you are sharing with others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the quotes and LOVE you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the quotes...and I have gotten a brain wave about it! Thanks for being my inspiration today. :)
    see you at Easter..hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find your quotes running through my brain at the oddest times, and they make a difference for the better, so good thing I read them and thanks for sharing them. "Stay with it!" is the one I hold on to when I'm rather TIRED!!
    Good work Barb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. "quotes from the door". Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been worn out lately but keep moving forward. I think that I do need to go to the Lord more for the help that I am in need of. Thanks for all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Changing is hard. And you are doing it! I need to try way harder in life. Like you.

    ReplyDelete