Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My mom

I am missing my mom. For those of you tuning in late she is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am sick and so are my children, and only a few people have told me how beautiful my tree is, and nobody knows or really cares that I am saving my cutest red shirt to wear for Christmas Sunday. Not to mention nobody has told me that I need to go buy my girls new Christmas dresses.

So this week I have been "mothering" myself. I bought fancy name brand apple juice for my sore throat. And I have cancelled some extra activities to have a nap instead, also I am going to have a bubble bath. I have talked to my self very kindly, and encouraging. I have read some Christmas stories to myself, I have listen to uplifting music. I have been quiet (although my throat was sore so there wasn't really an option).

It has been a hard week. I have been really busy, and got my feelings hurt terribly. Even worse by someone that was not trying to hurt my feelings in the least amount. I have noticed strategies popping up all over the place. The three bite rule with dessert that I wanted to try. The take me by the hand and guide myself out of the room. My favourite ice water constantly in my hand. Sitting down to eat if I am going to eat, and eating the veggies first. Also having a salad ready to go in the fridge has been really helpful this week.

I decided what I want to give myself for Christmas this year.....

100 pounds of weight loss!

But no pressure whether I make it by Christmas or not I will eventually lose it anyway!

So nothing earth shattering this week, just one foot in front of the other, and remember to treat yourself the way you treat others, because if your anything like me, that is the way the golden rule should have been written.

9 comments:

  1. Barb, I hope you get to feeling better before Friday!! Mom's are so important aren't they?!
    Hang tough little one, you can do it!! One of the most common phases of the B of Mormon is:"And it Came to Pass!!" Count on it and it will all be worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb! Makes me wish I lived closer so I could come help out...even if it was only with some homemade chicken noodle soup. Hope the throat feels better soon. I look forward to seeing the new red shirt in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. go barb go! i bet your tree is most beautiful! you're doing awesome -- hope you hit the big 100 for christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I offend you? I hope it wasn't me. I love your tree. I can't wait to see your best red shirt. See you all day Friday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, I love you! Always remember that. Do you need a place for your kids to go so you can take a bubble bath without kids laying on your floor trying to talk to you under the door crack? Call me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your Christmas lights on the fence and your Christmas tree lights in the window as I drive by. They make Christmas even more special for me. I hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We missed you last night! and, am I ever going to see your new red shirt because I leave on Wednesday and will not be here for Christmas Sunday. Valentines Day. Ya. Valentines Day. Tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sigh... do you need a new song to listen to every day? I am posting some new and old favorites (25 days of Christmas music) on our new blog . . . http://beazertime.blogspot.com/

    get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweetest sister. I'm sick too. It's no fun.
    Good girl for recognizing that the offending person didn't mean to. You're in a good mode to figure out why whatever it was hurt your feelings. Still hurts but sometimes knowing why helps.
    Hey, bring your girls down here and I'll buy them Christmas dresses!!!!

    ReplyDelete