Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Running in the Rain?????

3 Miles down......

There is something to be said about choices.  Making a choice to run in the rain may be viewed as fanatic or extreme. But for me today it is just about gettin it done. Now with that said did I really make a choice to run in the rain today? You tell me......

Jan 2015
*Jesse switches careers instead of going crazy or getting divorced I choose to sign up for my second Marathon.

Feb 2015
*Contiuning pre race training (trying to be able to run for 3 miles straight) still choosing to run a marathon and to be married.

March 2015
*Extreme stress with one of my jobs really takes a toll on training. Still have time to recover from loss of training.

April 2015
*Same amount of Stress from the same job, a couple of incrediable road trips with fabulous people. Almost zero training. Still married.

May 2015
*Turn 40 years old, have a heart to heart with Jesse about what needs to happen with the training for the marathon.

This morning 6am
Jesse, "Honey it's time to get up and go for a run, I'll be waiting for you downstairs"
Me "Oh okay thanks" I walk around my room trying to find something to wear on a run and go down stairs.

Me, sitting on the sofa putting shoes on and finally looking outside, "Is it raining?"

Jesse, arms folded coat and shoes on looking at me "You gotta do what you gotta do!"

Me......."Oh okay"

Jesse dropping me off in the middle of highway so I don't have to run into the rain. "Good luck"

Me "Thanks?"

I would like to take some time to thank my cheering section durning my run today;
The meadow lark who was at 1.5 miles in and sang me through a tough hill.
The three cars that moved over on the highway trying not to spray me with extra water.
All the worms whose lives I saved today. You made it a little fun to throw off my pace while trying to save your lives.
The two groups of horses who come and line up on the fences and stare at me in silent reverie.
The one neighbour who honked and waved.
Eddie Rabbit's lyrics to "I love a rainy night"
2Nephi 31:20 "Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting up the word of Christ and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
And last but not least Jesse, you are the hero of the day.

xoxoxo
Barb








4 comments:

  1. Run Barb, Run!

    (We were up last Friday, and I ran in the blizzard and two inches of slush... Alberta weather can be brutal!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Support makes all the difference. You can do this Barb!

    ReplyDelete