Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Let's Pretend

In July of this year my cousin Valorie passed away, leaving John, Dallia (12), and Ridge (5). It has been a very difficult transistion for me. This is only one of the things I feel like I need to share with the world about us.


Let's Pretend

Let's pretend our favourite phrase and used almost all of our days
Let's pretend were pioneers in the field......
Let's pretend were astroaunts on the trampoline....
Let's pretend were jockey's riding in a race.....
Let's pretend were orphans eating our last food.....
Let's pretend were on a treause hunt.......
Let's pretend this is our hut and we live in the woods.....
Let's pretend those cows are bulls and they are after us.....
Let's pretend we live on an island and those goats are our only last source of food....


But now I pretend alone
and there are days where I am sinking like a stone
I pretend your here..........
I pretend we hug......
I pretend we go for a walk, drive, or just sit and talk......
I pretend there is no such thing as addiction....
I pretend to smile like nothings wrong.....
I pretend not to miss you....
I pretend your parents are doing fine...
I pretend like depression isn't real....

I pretend.......


xoxo
Barb

2 comments: