Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2 out of 3 isn't bad

Resolutions for 2011 were



Legacy 1/2 marathon check

Pocatello full marathon check



and hit 155........

And so as we approach another new year it seems I have left over resolutions.

This is a quote from another blog that I love. Click here to read the whole thing.

"The crucial difference between a goal and a resolution.

One's a hope, and one's a plan.

A goal might be to lose weight, get in shape, eat healthier, love better, get a promotion, higher grades in school, etc. Those are things you truly hope you'll do in 2012.

A resolution?

That'd be the plan that'll actually get you there."



So with that in mind. The only goal I have for 2012 is to weigh 155.
My resolutions are to:

Exercise 5 days a week.

Journal what I eat.

Check in weekly at clinic.

Do not eat after 9pm at night.

Never give up. Never.

I have decided I don't care if this is my only goal for the rest of my life I will eventually reach this goal. I don't care how many time I mess up, or how many times I fall down. I am not entirely sure this is all I will need to do to reach my goal. I might need to set more resolutions later but this for now will do.

Yes, there is a part of me that wants to just be happy with where I am at, be happy maintain, be healthy, but the other part is screaming to continue on, and so I will.

Linda once said to me "That I will reach my weight goal the same way I trained and ran my marathon. I will put in all the training I need so that once I am there it won't seem so difficult. "

It is and was a light bulb moment for me. That is why I am not going to go a "DIET" just to reach this weight. I will continue to do it by slowly changing my way of life, so when I do get there if will seem like I know how to be there. I will continue to adjust my life now slowly and consistently, so that I will be able to be that weigh for the rest of my life.

I choose this journey, and come what may.

xoxo
Barb

7 comments:

  1. You've accomplished great things already!! And of course 2 out of 3 ain't bad at all!! Sounds like you've got a plan in place and lots of good things will come of it I know!! Yaaaa Barb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you think and the way you influence the rest of us. You are awesome!
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 out of 3 is AWESOME! You have done incredible things and continue to push yourself to be even more amazing things. You are very inspirational. Good luck as you reach all of your goals this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a year to be proud of, that is for sure. If you follow your resolutions for this year, you will definitely achieve your goal. You have the determination, so I fully believe you will.

    I was afraid that when I went to visit you over Christmas that I'd cheat like crazy on my diet. But, the first night there you had so many healthy foods to eat. It was both a practical help and also an inspiration. I ended up losing a couple of pounds on that trip, thanks to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you looked at MyFitnessPal for journaling your intake and exercise, to make sure your energy balance is good? Sign up and I'll be your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a perfect plan/resolution to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you are not going to say it is good enough and stop where you are. You have to go for the goal or you will always regret it.

    ReplyDelete