Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

8000 words


I was remarkably happy and relived when the alarm went off at 4:15 am. "Oh Thank heavens, lets end this sleepless night and get on with it."

My chauffeur, poor Dad always driving me to early morning seminary, basketball practices, and now drop off for marathons. He was darling and great and so supportive. I love my Dad.



I was so happy to have David with me for the bus ride and all the start stuff. I find this the hardest part to be alone for a marathon I don't mind once we start but being alone at the start is a little hard.


So funny we got dropped off in pitch dark and where told to walk this way, a happy throng for the most part but no signs or lights saying where to go it was a little spooky. We ended up at a barn, with the goats hanging around, some people went in the barn to stay warm. It felt a little like home.


Keep drinking.....

And as always line ups before the race.


This is the "Start" line, I really can't explain how dark it was.




It is crazy to me that I started at this and ended at this.



I just wanted to post something, I will tell you more of this journey later. Thanks for all your support and prayers, I felt them.
xoxo
Barb

4 comments:

  1. Good work Barb! A great thing to have done, are there more in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear and read more. Your dad is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a goat to start you off on the right foot:)

    ReplyDelete