Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

No - 100

I don't know what to say. I maybe had two days a little off. Like over by a hundred calories, but compensated that with 4 days of morning and night workouts. I am working my tail off, no literally, I got a compliment on the cuteness of my "tail."

So what do I do now?

Binge on ice cream, chocolate, cookies, cake, big turk, oh henry, kit kat, mint aero, rolo, doritos, and slurpee.

NOT ON YOUR LIFE.

It is not worth it, I have come too far. I don't want to do that. I want to be strong, I want to be positive, I want to just keep going no mater what. You know what, scratch that, I am strong, I am positive, I am going to keep going no mater what. I have 98 pounds of proof that what I am doing ie journaling, watching portions, exercising, going to group, makes me lose weight so I will continue to do so.

Still, if you were here to ask, yes, I threw a physical hissy fit when I went to weigh in today. I did manage to keep the tears to a minimum. But seriously, AHHHHHHHHHH!

I feel as though the gauntlet has been thrown down, and in case you are wondering yes I am picking it up. I will beat this, I will win.

All I can control is my eating and exercise.

I was reading in Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage. When Jesus walked on water to the apostles in the ship. It is actually found in Matthew 14: 22-33. Elder Talmage writes the following quote about it.
Into every adult human life come experiences like unto the battling of the storm-tossed voyagers with contrary winds and threatening seas; ofttimes the night of struggle and danger is far advanced before succor appears; and then too frequently the saving aid is mistaken for a greater terror. As came unto Peter and his terrified companions in the midst of the turbulent waters, so comes to all who toil in faith, the voice of the Deliverer - "It is I; be not afraid"


There is a ridiculous amount of weirdness going on in my life right now. I am in a storm. It really feels like I have knocked out Goliath and drug him off the battle field only to walk into a storm. I know there must be a saving aid on the way but I am terrified of it?
Am I scared of 100?
Is it just a matter of time till I get there or am I scared to reach that?
Where is my confidence? Where is my spirit of adventure?
I don't think I am scared of it. In fact I want it pretty badly.

I am toiling in faith and I have heard, and felt the voice of the Deliverer in so many different ways in the last couple of weeks. Which has strengthened my testimony. Whether it was a phone call from a friend, the gift of a scarf, a hug, a compliment, a great article, a thought from a book, or an encouraging word. I know I am not alone or forgotten in my storm.
So as for 100 well there is always next week.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, there is always next week and the week after that and so on, and so on!! You are going in the right direction and that is what counts!!!! Good for you, for focusing on the "voice of the Deliverer" that is the real goal!! You'll get there no doubt about that!!! In reality you are truly more than half way, so hang on Weeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have stayed holding at 98 for so long. Bring on 100. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The interesting part of Peter walking on the water (to me anyway) is that he was so close to Christ when he started to sink, all Jesus had to do was "immediately ... [stretch] forth his hand, and caught him". If he had kept his eyes on Christ, he would've made those last few steps. You'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy how our bodies work yah? The next time you weigh in you will be shocked. It's gonna be over 100.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is when one takes their eye from the goal for just a moment, like Peter, that we can fall. Satan knows this, and how close you are to reaching that great monumental goal of 100. You can and will get there and we will rejoice with you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be a little corny but as soon as I read your post this song popped into my head.

    Artist: Burl Ives
    Title: There's always tomorrow
    ------------------------------------

    There's always tomorrow,
    For dreams to come true,
    Believe in your dreams
    Come what may.

    There's always tomorrow,
    With so much to do,
    And so little time in a day.

    We all pretend
    The rainbow has an end
    And you'll be there my friend someday.

    There's always tomorrow,
    For dreams to come true,
    Tomorrow is not far away.

    We all pretend,
    The rainbow has an end,
    And you'll be there my friend someday.

    There's always tomorrow,
    For dreams to come true,
    Tomorrow is not far away.

    ReplyDelete