Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Sunday, December 10, 2017

God Is Good- The Nashville Tribute Band




I love this song.....and this phrase came to me head this past week, but first back story.......

I have a friend we are going to call her Lee. We met years and years ago when she married a guy Jesse worked with. They lived in town, and we became fast friends.  Things were great for years but then Lee became sick, very sick. Seizures, lupus and all sorts of complications, it was a hard time and because Lee isn't of the same faith as most people in our town she didn't really have a network of people to help. Her in-laws helped when they could, same with her family and even I got to help with driving to appointments and meals. But, this was ongoing illness not just something that got better. She and her husband eventually got divorced and we moved Lee to Lethbridge. We were able to stay in contact with each other a couple of times a year. It was during this time that I got to know her Dad better he was a delightful man and I admired him a lot.

I am embarrassed to say that I wasn't always the charitable person I would like to be. Sometimes I complained about the stuff I had to do. Or put off calling her when I felt prompted to. This past month here Dad passed away. She called to tell me it was close, and then called again with funeral details. We went to the funeral and I got to hug her.

.....Back to this week....
But finally this week we were able to meet up and go for pedicures. As we walked into the mall I was happy to see that she was moving a little better than normal and without a walker. Still the progress was slower than normal for me. As we got seated,and I helped her remove her shoes and socks I noticed that on one foot her nails were in rough shape. Just another part of the complications but it made me happy to know that we were going to get it fixed up today. As I sat in my chair I noticed the lady sitting next to me. It is someone I greatly admired pretty much a role model for me. As we sat and chatted for sometime about some issues I have been struggle with, there came a great easing of burdens. She help me lighten my load. She was an angel for me. As she left and we parted ways and I looked at Lee and the spirit whispered these scriptures to me....

Matthew 11: 28 - 30

 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and will give you rest.
 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for am meek and lowly in heartand ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easyand my burden is light."
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
By trying to lighten the load of a friend my load had become lighter. 
And so I say "God is Good, yeah God is Good, We've come so much farther Than we thought we could, Keep walkin now, God is Good!"

Oh, and I loved the pedicure! 
xoxoxoxo
Barb 



No comments:

Post a Comment