Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Moroni's Quest 2012


It all started last September. Jesse and I were called as tribe leaders. For 10 months we read discussed and prayed about the Book of Mormon and the youth that were to be in our tribe.


Our tribe name was Thunder, with this as a reference:

Alma 36:7 "And behold, he spake unto us, as it were the voice of thunder, and the whole earth did tremble beneath our feet; and we all fell to the earth, for the fear of the Lord came upon us."

We wanted our tribe to think about God's power every time they hear thunder. 

We used a Thunder bird as our symbol.

This was top 10 life experiences for Jesse and I. Please click and follow the follow link to a friend of mine's post about this it will give you more details and is worth the read. 


xoxo
Barb

9 comments:

  1. Oh Barb!
    I have to agree that going to Moroni's Quest is in my top 10 of life as well. Wait until you see the DVD ( I got a peek today) you are going to cry again! I love what music and pictures can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Barb! Moroni's Quest is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are lucky to have been able to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking Moroni's Quest was merely a Book-of-Mormon-themed campout, but after reading that post I see that it was a major production. It was good of you to go. I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing about the wonderful experiences people have at this conference. I created Moroni's Quest in 1994 for the Calgary Alberta East Stake. The next year Medicine Hat, Alberta did the conference and then after that it went to Cardston, Alberta and on and on. Now it seems to be done many places. It is so great to hear that people are having such wonderful experiences with the conference and that it is making a difference in people's lives. Truely a gift from heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. I found your site by searching for Moroni's Quest. And saw your bare feet and knew we were kindred spirits. Bare feet and water, you are my kinda girl. I have a family picture of our feet in the sand no faces. People who see it know who it belongs to. LOL. Ok, so our stake here in Texas is doing this youth conference this summer. We have most everything sorted out except props. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry forgot to add my email if you or anyone has info. Thanks
    momtwice@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love any information for scripts, battles, legistics! What an amazing journey!
    lisa.clement@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete