Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Did you remember....

that I am running  the Legacy 1/2 marathon on Saturday?

If I were my friend I would be hitting myself in the shoulder right now. Why? Because I totally feel like yeah whatever I am running 13.1 miles on Saturday no big deal. This is totally a big deal! 13.1 miles is kind of a long way! I have worked for 16 weeks to run it on Saturday and yet, still, nothing.



Saddest thing about it, is I'm running it 20 pounds heavier than last year.  Why, why why, do I have to care about that? It is no use telling you I don't, I am trying very hard at not caring about it but I do care. I care that my clothes feel tight, I care that my belly feels squishy, I care that I am eating to many treats.


So the plan for this week (thanks in part to Linda) 
Take down to my parents house the following items
24L of Cookies n' cream ice cream (school fundraiser)
Homemade waffle cones
two bags of milk chocolate chips
three boxes of freezes
two boxes of popsicles

AND STOP BAKING this week, I can cook just no baking.  

I'll write to you next week tell ya how the 1/2 went with pictures, and also how the no baking went. 



xoxo
Barb

6 comments:

  1. You only lose when you stop trying! You'll do great on your run, I'm praying for no rain. Perfection is an ideal we strive for, not necessarily achieveable in this sphere, but something we strive for! The higher one shoots the higher one gets! Keep on keeping on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking the junk away is almost harder than not eating it. Good luck on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you are feeling right now! It is frustrating and when your clothes are tight again, it is near impossible to think about it. Just remember, as you have said before, this is a journey and lifestyle change we will battle with for the rest of our lives. By taking the junk to your mom's place it will help...as long as you can stick to the no baking. It will not be easy, but you can do it! Something that sometimes works for me is I take a big drink of water (plain, lemon slice, or mint leaves) and wait a few minutes. In those few mintues, I sit and read something uplifting.

    Good luck on the run! I look forward to hearing your update!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was sure I made a comment earlier today - but it doesnt look like it stuck. hmmm. . . maybe you will end up with 2 comments from me. . .anyways - I said something like - It looks like you have a good plan - I love a good plan - you will have success with a plan - and remember where you have come from. . . . you may be 20 pounds heavier than last year, but you are still 90 lbs lighter than 2 or 3 years ago - you have come a long way baby!! 90 lbs is a big deal - a half marathon is a big deal! Let's have fun tomorrow - Run for the HEALTH of it! Say that slow, it will make you feel better. Fun Fun FUn - see you in the morning - - -I have a good song for you. I will try to post it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did your run go. I hope you enjoyed it. Good luck on eating less treats. It is worth it. You want it. You will feel better.

    ReplyDelete