Why Barefoot??

WHY BAREFOOT????
Because being barefoot to me is being raw. Feeling every sharp rock, lush clover, spiky thistle, cushioned blade of grass, slimy covered stones, fragrant feathered flowers, cereal of sand, bead of water, element of litter, and the mash of mud.

Being Barefoot is the promise of prancing in the moonlight, leaping in the waves, running through a meadow, dancing on the porch, and doing all this while enduring a long journey to the end.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My friend

Dear friend in the mirror:
Just thought I would send you this note, to remind you that you are of worth. Just you. You are not your bad food choices, or your lack of exercise, those are only things. You are of worth. Remember this quote you wrote a while ago.

"You do not have to earn your worth you brought it with you. Nothing you do or do not do will affect your worth. It does not depend on your family of origin your appearance your performance your position or your husbands position or anything else."

Nothing you do or don't do will affect your worth.

You have always been and will always be a daughter of God. He loves you, He is not disappointed,or frustrated He just Loves you.

Remember when you talked to Linda today about Shame vs Guilt.
Shame = I am a bad person because I made a bad choice.
Guilt = I made a bad choice.
Feel guilty but move on. Remember to acknowledge, accept and then love yourself again.

I am a little disappointed that you are not taking care of yourself right now. I need you to show me that you can make better food choices. You can make better food choices, we need you to make better food choices. Please make better food choices.

I love you, remember that I always love you. Remember that you are of Worth, and your food choices, weight loss or gain, don't change that.
xoxo
Barb

6 comments:

  1. Once again I could have written this myself. I was baking and decorating the most divine sugar cookies this morning and must have eaten a good 2000 plus calories and that was after eating a hearty breakfast. Thank goodness for new beginnings. I will and can make a better choice this afternoon. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It has been a while now since the weight came off and I often lose sight of what I have accomplished and just watch the numbers bounce around on the scale and get frustrated. We are in this battle together! BTW are you on facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think my friend in the mirror is speaking to me right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very profound quote. I don't know that I've ever heard the concept of worth expressed in those terms. It's something that we all should remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to tattoo this post on my brain! I tie my worth to how I act, look, think, etc. constantly. Such a bad and ineffective way to function.

    I am having the worst time with my ability to choose well in sooooo many areas of my life right now. I wish that healthy choices (eating, exercising, sleep hours, work hours, church stuff, good parenting, etc.) we're such strenuous efforts. Why are bad habits so easily formed and good ones so easily brushed aside. Frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Being of worth" is a little hard to remember sometimes isn't it? Shucks darn it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cried and then printed this off for my mirror as a reminder....thank you...

    ReplyDelete